Dienstag, 29. März 2011

Trying Ubuntu

Last week, I installed Ubuntu 10.10. This wasn't the first time I tried Ubuntu but the first time I gave it a real and fair try.
The first time I tried it was in 2008, when I got a new Laptop. Three hours later I uninstalled it because I coudln't get to work the wifi card of my laptop.

Now with 10.10 everything works just fine and after a couple of days of trying it out, I'll decided to switch from W7 to Ubuntu for good.
I set up dual boot, because I want to play some games and need some programs that only exist for windows, but for five days now, I haven't booted into Windows.

After setting everything up, trying everything what's there, clickin on every menu and my first time in the terminal (only experience with this is DOS prompt), I realized it's really awesome and that I gave up way too early the other times I tried it.



What OS are you using?

Kommentare:

  1. Gentoo Linux.

    I switched from Windows in 2006. Mandriva -> Ubuntu -> Debian -> Gentoo.

    What's so awesome about Linux? The console. Fully operational one. You're not limited in Linux as you are in Windows. You can use your console to do nearly everything (advanced graphical and audio operations are impossible only). Saves time, memory, space and a hell lot of effort. Master the terminal and you'll be the master of Linux.

    Ubuntu is great for the beginning! Hope you master it quick. After that I recommend Gentoo, which is much more difficult

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I guess in a couple of year I'm ready for that

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. like you said... keeping win7 just for some tools and games. but i'm gonna use linux for cracking wifi, although all tools are available for windows too

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Using Win7, but I'd like to switch over to Linux.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Win7 for life. Come check me out, alphabetalife.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I want to use Ubuntu, but don't want to lose compatibility of Windows. I might need to get another SSD drive. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I'm on a slightly modified Vista. I like it. No UAC, no security bullshit beside what I wanted on there, and the OS is smooth.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I run dualboots on all my machines, my macbook with OSx & Ubuntu, and my PC with Windows & ubuntu.

    I keep windows for gaming, and ubuntu for everything else. OSx is just for convenience.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. What about your Windows-only apps?

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Ubuntu is not only for profesional users i think, but i got some problems with programs, so i go back to win...

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. therichesthappiest.blogspot.com

    following and $upporting

    best friend on the blogosphere

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Windows 7 on my desktop cause i mostly play games on it but im thinking of dual booting linux mint. Ubuntu on my laptop though im considering testing a different distro here as well just to try something different.

    AntwortenLöschen